Working for Google Fiber!

by - August 21, 2017


What a cool opportunity it is to work for an amazing company like Google. I'm mainly working under Google Fiber in the Provo Utah location. I'll be greeting the customers that comes in either looking to get set up at their homes or dropping off their equipments because they're moving out of town or they are swapping for a new model. It's really chill and fun to work at this location. Everyone I've meet are really friendly and helpful, especially on my first day on the job. Kyle my manager helped me get familiar with the programs and how to run the systems on the computer. Greeting people is easy for me, it was just the computer programs and getting back into the groove of working again with technology. I do enjoy working with my colleagues at Google Fiber. They're funny and cool to be around with. Any questions that I may have, they were right there to help me out. I greatly appreciated it. On my first day, it was crazy busy because it was College turn over week. Every school quarter, BYU and UVU would have students leaving or arriving on campus, which means apartments that has Google Fiber hookups will be coming into the store to return equipments or picking it up. During the rush, I was very nervous because I was trying to remember what Kyle was showing me which was a bit fast. But I was very proud of myself for watching everyone around me who knew the system on the computer, I figured out how to use it and work the system to where I was comfortable to do it on my own, after a few hours. Now I'm ready to help out every customer and my colleagues. I got 3 weeks to learn and grow with Google Fiber and I hope that I will do a good job that they may want to rehire me to come and do this College turn over job next year. Wish me luck!!

You May Also Like

0 Comments