What a blessing it was to see Sister Tupuola @ the MTC Tour!!

by - August 01, 2017

The Spirit of the Lord was with us today at the Missionary Training Center tour. From the moment we stepped into the side part of the building of the MTC to the end of the tour on the other side of the new buildings. Nothing more beautiful it is to feel His love and spirit as we observed the facility where many new missionaries entered to start their journey of service to the people they were assigned to.
We were greeted by two missionaries who are called to serve in Hungary. They gave a simple and nice introduction about the MTC and how it's one of the biggest LDS missionary training center facility in the world. Thousands upon thousands of missionaries walk through those doors daily ready to learn and grow in the gospel of Jesus Christ. A beautiful testimony was said and they encouraged us to observe the paintings and areas where missionaries studies, pray, sleep, eat and exercise in preparations to become ready for their service. 
We were extremely excited to take the tour but mainly to see Sister Nadira Tupuola, hopefully. We started walking towards the Cafeteria and boy were we in for a treat. Seeing many Elders and Sisters eating what looks to be a yummy full lunch. That kind of made me hungry because you can smell the food in the air as you walk through the hall. I was over whelmed to see many eyes staring at us as we walked through the lunch room. As my husband would say as he put this situation into thought. "Well hello Sinners!! Welcome to the MTC! Would you like to see what REAL light of Christ looks like? Just look at us, the Missionaries. We are cleansed and ready to share the gospel with you all!?!" Something to that manner!! lol Knowing my husband he alway make a joke on anything and everything!
 As we continue to walk through the Cafeteria, we were all looking for Nadira. Scanning the room to see her pop up and wave down, to tell us she's in there waiting for us or something. But nothing happened. No Dira anywhere. We were all were a bit bummed out but didn't give up hope. Seriously we literally walked so slow out of the cafeteria, in hopes of Sister Tupuola showing up. When the majority of us was half way down the hall, Anzehla said to us loudly, "Hey Dira is here!! She saw us walking out of the Cafeteria!". The feeling of excitement spiked our souls with joy. We turned around and hurried back to the cafeteria. There she was, Sister Nadira Tupuola. Gleaming with happiness and with the Light of Christ. She looked so beautiful. Something about her countenance was glowing like the sun on a shinny day. We were so happy to see her as she quickly rushed to us. Hugs were exchanged. Tears were shed. Smiles everywhere. Not one moment was wasted. 
What a wonderful moment seeing my niece Nadira after she's been in the MTC for about 2 weeks was amazing. I couldn't stop the tears from falling from my eyes. It's like my first glimpse seeing my daughter on her mission. It was fulfilling in so many ways. There is something about her that I feel so happy and full of joy seeing her as a missionary at the MTC. 
Now I know how my mom felt when she sent my brother Henry off to serve his mission to Honduras Belize Mission in 2004. I'm not a mom but having that little experience made me very emotional and thankful. 
Soon it was time to say goodbye to Sister Tupuola. And it was a bit emotional and wonderful for everyone. We all needed that boost of comfort and peace knowing that everything will be alright for her and for us. She's in good hands, the Lords hands. We parted ways and wished her well on her mission. There she goes, walking away with a big smile on her face, to fulfill her duties as a daughter of God, a missionary and servant of the Lord. Ofa Lahi Atu Sister Nadira Tupuola. Til we meet again in 18 months.
Now the feeling of joy was met after seeing Sister Tupuola and her mission companion. We were ready to enjoy the rest of the tour. Walking through the hallways where missionaries would take to go to their classes, dorms and study rooms, gave me a feeling of peace. Peace to know that the Holy Spirit and His angels resides here to guide every missionary, leaders, workers and volunteers to fulfill His work and purpose. If you were there, you would feel something amazing but can't really put into words. Thats what I felt and then some. 
We continued walking through other buildings and walk ways, meeting up with many missionaries who were called to serve in the Adriatic North Mission or Croatia, Hungary and Germany. What an amazing time to be a missionary. They will be in the MTC for about 6 to 12 weeks. Longer than my niece and many other missionaries who don't need long of a time from in the MTC. Sometimes it's because of the Languages, or the area or other situations thats reframing them from going sooner. I wish them all the best of luck on their missions, because I see them as if it was one of my nieces or nephew. Encouragement and smiles can make just a slight good difference for them. It was a pleasure to have met them all. That was a cool experience.
We saw and went through the older part of the MTC and eventually went through the new area and buildings. The tour into the new building was stunning. There were big beautiful murals on the wall and it was lit up with so much natural light from the outside. Big windows and spaces for studying. It was well built and organized. Just walking through it made me want to be a missionary, even though of older than the normal missionary ages. lol But I was more amazed at my nieces and nephews who felt inspired to want to serve when that time comes. If or when they do, I would love to be there for them. I'm a big supporter of missionary work and the lively hood of missionaries. Thanks to my beloved mom, who raised me to serve the Lord, serve His servants the missionaries in every and any way possible. Because the Lord will always bless those who help His servants. And that who I am and will always be, forever. Thanks mom!
My overall experience at the MTC tour was beautiful and amazing. If any of you who reads this gets that chance to take the tour before its done, I say GO! It's worth it. One the best experience I've been through. May you all have a wonderful day and may the Lord with you all always.




















You May Also Like

0 Comments