The half way point...Day 5 in my "10 Day Social Media Fast" so far

by - October 11, 2018

Today is Thursday, October 11, 2018 and so far on my spiritual and temporal fast, I realize how much time I've spent looking at a small screen for long periods of time doing nothing but stare and admire things I wish I had or I wish I could be. There were times before this fast I wouldn't care about doing other things because I was too busy browsing online or daydreaming about how I wish I could be more talented, more smarter, or to be more beautiful. But than I thought to myself, "Why do I feel the need to be like everyone I see online?" A good question to think about. By reflecting on this question, it got me thinking about How do I truly feel about this matter.
As you look at society today, we can see that how the Adversary has a hold on Social Media, the Internet, Music, Entertainment and many other influences of the world in his hands. And majority of the time we take the bait because its appealing to our eyes. At times I do enjoy browsing through Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter because it's entertaining and amusing to my so called "boring life". Ain't that sad. To think that everyone else has it better than you. Or they seem to be more happier than you.
But the real question is Are they really happy? Is this "Life" they display online real or fake? Who really knows!?
The Lord created many things in our lives to be of greater importance like building a strong Testimony in his son and our Savior Jesus Christ. Spending quality time with our family. Creating wholesome and fun memories with friends. Developing our talents and gifts for our benefit and for the Lords purposes. Learn strong skills to incorporate life learning lessons. Have good work ethics and manners. The list goes on. But do we take the time to REALLY do these things to help benefit ourselves or others? I can honestly say No. And its true, for me because lately I didn't care to help others or myself. It may seem like I do but I don't. Why you may ask. Because I'm lazy! Yes I said it, I'M LAZY!! Who wouldn't agree with me to say that we are a lazy society who doesn't care about benefiting others but only themselves. There are some who don't agree with me and thats alright. Because they either are doing something to help society or they don't want to admit that they don't care but they do it to make themselves LOOK like they are caring and or a giving person. I may not make much sense to the majority but I do know that I may make sense to others who think the same as I do in this matter.
We were not born on earth to live our life not to care or not to develop our God given talents. We are here to GIVE a care about our well being. To GIVE a care for others and their needs. To GIVE our time and talents in building a good and wholesome society. It's not going to be done overnight, but through great efforts, step by step and the willingness in our minds and hearts,
we can accomplish many things.
But we can't forget the KEY components in succeeding in life which is the Savior Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. These two main components in helping us personally and in general to succeed in this life and in any other matters of life is to be ONE with the Lord. I know that we may not all agree, but with my own personal experiences in having a relationship with a heavenly being, I realized that my life had purpose, it had meaning. My eyes were open to the beauty of life, with people, with nature and even with technology.
It is argued that we need knowledge ONLY to find the truth in society, in wisdom, in science, or in solving the worlds problems. But they forget that without the Lord, knowledge is INCOMPLETE! This life isn't about how I can do this or how I can fix that or how I can be like them. Its more of the lines of How can the Lord guide me through this problem or How can the Lord use me to do His purpose right now? We need Heavenly Father! We need Jesus Christ! And we need the Holy Ghost to Help us in doing ALL that we can to overcome obstacles, to strengthen our minds, our bodies, our souls, to serve and bless others. To teach and to influence good to all. To gain knowledge, to build and to strengthen our gifts, our talents and to humble our hearts that we may benefit the blessings for ourselves and others.
And most importantly, that each of us HAVE A SURE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST.
 If we continue to let the world define WHO WE ARE or to control WHAT WE SHOULD DO, than we will LOOSE the precious part of who we truly are.
The Balance of Good and Evil will develop our self worth. How? It's when we stumble and sin we naturally have self doubt or just want to give up. Once we realize what we have done, we have the blessing of the Atonement to humbly repent of our sins and do our utmost best to not repeat those sins. We aren't perfect but through Christ we can be. When we do good we see, we feel and we know the effects it can have on ourselves and others. We can be more happier, more energized, more alive, to be more clear and active in our thoughts, in our words and actions. That we can succeed in fulfilling our purpose or in our mission. Don't you want to have that great balance in your life?
I know I do. So going back to my question in the beginning of this post, Why do I feel the need to be like everyone online? I can honestly say, I DON'T NEED TO BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! I'm unique in many ways. My amazing Father in Heaven created a BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN ME. I'm talented and smart in ways of the spirit but also in ways of life. I am alive and well today because of my FAITH in Jesus Christ and in his restored gospel. I have loving family members and friends who I cherish with all my heart. I am HAPPY in who I am and who I can become. I'm not perfect but I can become perfect through JESUS CHRIST.
As I end my thoughts, I would like to extend my love and support to each of you.That no matter where you are in life, no matter how you feel, no matter where your spiritual levels are.
You can have PEACE! You can be HAPPY! You can OVERCOME your trails! You can LIVE to your FULL POTENTIAL! How? Through our Savior Jesus Christ! It's because of Him that we can BE WHO WE ARE MEANT TO BE! Through Christ we can have joy, happiness, peace, spirituality, knowledge, talents, service, understanding, balance, protection, love and much more.
  Come unto Him and be saved! Study His teaching, learn of Him, follow His examples, pray to Him, serve in His name, believe in Him, love in Him and do as He did.
My friends, I know that as we continue to better our lives through and in the name of Jesus Christ, we can find the answers we've been looking for. There is nothing that the Lord cannot answer for you. If you ask in humble heart and in good intent, He will answer you. I know that for a fact because of my past experiences. Blessings will pour down from Heaven, as we have a pure and strong FAITH in Jesus Christ. Try it and see for yourself. You wont be disappointed. 

I bare unto you my testimony that the Savior Jesus Christ is our true Happiness and Blessing in our lives. He atoned for our sins because He LOVED each of us and wants us to RETURN back to our loving HEAVENLY FATHER who resides in our familiar heavenly home. Christ did so much for each of us here on earth and in heaven to fulfill the Father's will, that it can be OUR WILL if we Obey and Endure to the End. WE are BLESSED to have the HOLY GHOST, one of the Godhead to be our CONSTANT COMPANION. What a blessing it is! Let us strive to be ONE with the Holy Ghost, that we may be ONE with the Lord and our Heavenly Father in PURPOSE & TRUTH. That we may also be guided in LIGHT in these latter days. As we continue to strengthen our FAITH & TESTIMONY in JESUS CHRIST, I pray that we can be a SHINNING LIGHT to all those who needs that Light to find their way back to the Savior.
We can't do it alone. We need the Lord in our lives.
Seek it! Find it! Learn of it! And Live it!
 I know that President Russell M. Nelson is the Lord's chosen Prophet in these Latter days. I sustain him and every chosen Men and Women, who the Lord selected to be our guide today. With proper priesthood authority, our Prophet, apostles, general authorities, stake and ward leaders were ordained, confirmed and blessed to LEAD, TEACH & DIRECT His church in which we humbly & faithfully attend. Have faith in them. Pray for them. As we faithfully support them, they will faithfully lead and guide this church through the Holy Spirit who testifies of Jesus Christ whose church its founded upon. 
My beloved friends, now is the time to do all we can to live worthily to receive the blessings of the Temple, to participate in the Sacrament, to receive personal revelations and serve one another. Build up your faith and courage through the Holy Spirit to have the will to do what is right daily. Truly study the Holy scriptures, gospel doctrine, gospel principles, the words from the prophets and apostles of Old & New. Learn to develop great joy in these things and to study it fervently. What great spiritual knowledge you can attain by do so. Go at your own pace. Take each step in learning with great care. As you do so you will be edified, blessed and full of righteous insights in the things pertaining to the Kingdom of God. I pray that each of us will humbly and faithfully seek the Lord, study his teaching and follow His chosen servants that we may forever be Happy, protected and blessed. These words of love I give unto you, in the sacred and holy name of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

You May Also Like

0 Comments