Following a prompting

by - October 14, 2018

For many years, I've always tried my best to follow that hunch or that prompting from the Holy Spirit. I don't always listen or follow through with it, but when I do it was worth going through it. I'm going to share one of many of my personal experience that happened when I follow a prompting.
About 2 weeks ago I was sitting at home relaxing and watching my husband play Fortnite on his PS4, when I had a random thought popped in my head. I ignored it and continue to watch Mika play his game. And than the thought came into my head again but this time a bit more louder. I sat up quickly as if someone poked my back with a sharp object. This time I focused on what was said in my head. "Write to Iohani! You need to write to him now!" As I listen to that thought, I said to myself "um it's 10pm and the post office is close. How am I suppose to write to Iohani and send it out to him right now?" There was silence in my head. Than I heard the words, "Just do it and write to him. Send the letter out first thing in the morning!" I said to myself, "Okay, I'll do it!" So I got up and grabbed my note book, pen and began to write to my nephew. Honestly I don't remember what exactly what I wrote but I believe it was something he really needed to read. After I mailed it out the next day, I got busy with my daily duties that I forgot that I sent it out to him until I received a response from Elder Wolfgramm that Friday on his P-Day. He send me an email expressing to me how my letter came at the right time, and that he needed to read my words of encouragement and strength. He also mentioned how much my letter opened his eyes a bit on how he saw himself and he share what he had experienced in the MTC that made him feeling a bit discourage. But that he has gained more courage and faith in Christ through constant prayers and scripture studies. Towards the end of his email, he express his love and gratitude for my constant letters of love, support, spiritual and emotional enlightenment. I realized that I listen to the promptings more often than I noticed. It's a good thing to know that by following through the Holy spirit promptings. Many lives are blessed because of my willingness to listen. I'm truly grateful to help those who the Lord feel the need for me to help.

You May Also Like

0 Comments