Day 3 With Dad

by - September 06, 2017


What a beautiful morning to go out and enjoy Utah and its natural beauty with my Dad. So we had a simple and yummy breakfast that my dad made which was Bacon and eggs. Send my sister Nita off to work and my dad and I started our journey to downtown Salt Lake. Our first stop was Black Rifle Coffee Company to visit the owners and give them some Hawaiian treats and buy a few merchandise for my dad's friends back home. The store is awesome and has the military feel but with the twist of hunter style. There's a little coffee shop inside and you can have a free sample of their popular coffees. When you walk in the store there is a big military history mural on the main wall and its really beautiful with their logo. We meet with the front desk guy and ask if we could meet with any of the owners. I guess my dad emailed them prior to coming to hawaii to meet with them. So we waited and meet up with one of the owners and Youtube Evan Hafer. They talked about military stuff and how much my dad enjoy their YouTube channel. Towards the end of their conversation, Evan gave my dad his personal email and told him if he's back here in Utah to come by the store and hang out. They exchange hand shakes and hugs and I took their photos. We bought a few things that my dad wanted to get for his friends back home that loves their coffee. It was a cool moment for the both of us. Next stop was to MNT OPS main office. My dad brought his new GPS system and tested it out on Utah roads. So it literally took us to the wrong side of town. It was a bit funny but we were able to take a nice scenic route on the way to the right location. We got to the main office and meet with one of the office staff. My dad ask if any of the owners were in but she told us that they were out of the office and apologize to us. We didn't mind at all and my Dad told her that he came from Hawaii and wanted to stop by to the office and leave a treat for the CEOs. When my Dad gave her the bag of goodies, she told us to wait a moment while she get another staff member to take our info down to let the CEO's know who dropped off these treats. When she came back they gave us free MNT OPS hats for coming by. We thanked them and headed out to continue with our family adventures. It was pretty cool to stop at a few places my dad enjoyed watching their YouTube channels. Even though we weren't able to meet the guys, but it was fun being where they usually hang out. Soon we were on our way to Cabela's in Lehi to check out their cool hunting, hiking, camping, guns and things. We ate lunch there which was very yummy and walked around the big store. Soon it was about that time to head back to Orem cause my sister was going to be done with work. My dad and I picked up a few things that we will need for dinner tomorrow and waited for my sister. My dad wanted to take a break from cooking so we went Texas Road House for dinner. I got the steak, my dad got ribs and my sister got shrimp. I love their fresh rolls. Oh so yummy! The meal was so good that we took our time eating and talking stories for a good hour and a half. We relaxed and chilled the rest of the night keeping an eye out for Hurricane Irma in the Atlantic ocean on YouTube. Other than that, it has been a wonderful day and I'm tired do I'll talk to you later. Good Night!



You May Also Like

0 Comments