Sister Nadira Tupuola Email #4

by - September 04, 2017

Hello! Another great week here in Nevada! 

The past few days have been record heat tempertures! Yesterday it was 102 degrees! We about died as we were tracting haha but we survived! Earlier this week there were a few fires that broke out due the lightning. One of them was close to our house which was kinda scary. Luckily no homes were effected. The fire just burned a bunch of land which was a miracle. We came home smelling like campfire haha but yeah I was suprised to see how many fires occur in Nevada. It's a big problem out here. 

I finally got my bike! I love it!  It came just in time! Our mission president wants us on bikes for the next couple of months. I haven't used it yet but we will be biking a lot starting tomorrow! haha yeah Im not too excited about it tho especially cuz Ill be in a skirt! haha but I will be getting really fit haha there are a lot of hills over here. haha

There have been so many miracles that had happened this week! I bought a journal specifically for miracles that I've seen! So we were about to knock on a door when I accidentally drop the phone. (flip phone haha) The back of the phone broke off and the battery flew out. And then there was this dog and it ran up and got a hold of the battery hahaha so me and my companion are trying to get the battery out of the dogs mouth...It was quite a struggle lol but we ended up getting it back. It was all dented and filled with slobber. We tried to clean it off the best we could and we put it back in the phone. It didn't turn on. We said a prayer for the phone to work and we tried again. and It worked!  

So as we were walking I felt prompted to got to this house. We found a woman who was mowing her lawn. Her name is Billie Jo. We asked her if she needed help..She said she would need help cleaning. She has a lot of back pains but she is the only one in her home who can do things around the house. So we just helped her clean and stuff. She kept thanking us. We scheduled a time to come back to share a message with her! She said it was wierd that her dog wasn't attacking us. She told us that a Jehovah witness came over and her dog attacked her! haha so that was a miracle.

There are so many more miracles but not enough time to write them! But anyways...I have learned a lot about myself being here. I've also learned the importance of the Holy Spirit. Without him you are nothing! Ive kinda learned how to recognize the Spirit. He speaks through our thoughts and feelings. The problem for me is having the courage to do them! haha I try not to let fear get to me. Because fear comes from satan! But Im still working on it haha. 

 I love the time that I get to study in the scriptures,,1 hour of personal study time is not enough! Right now I am reading in 1st Nephi and I started to read the New Testament. Its wierd not to have any technology...all we have is books! haha but anyways...I have to get going now..but I love and miss you all! 

Sister T

You May Also Like

0 Comments