Salt Lake Comic Con 2017...worth it or not?

by - September 23, 2017


It's not a new story for anyone who knows me and my siblings about attending Salt Lake Comic Con every year. It's another year and this time we dress up for once as a group. Henry and Mika dressed up as the Night's Watch from Game of Thrones. Nita and myself dressed up as Witches. Talk about fun times as we walked around the convention center visiting vendors and enjoying each others company. This year SLCC was not as exciting as the previous years. Less booths but the same Vendors, entertainment was not great, Celebrities was ok but not great and I feel like paying to get into SLComic Con wasn't really worth it. So I didn't care to stay too long at Comic Con because it didn't seem exciting to be there. The volunteers were more mean and aggressive. To me, if you're volunteering you should be a bit more happy to be at a Con for free unless the people that you volunteer with aren't being good to you. Which would suck especially if they are your managers or captains, than I would be mean too. Here's my thoughts about being a Salt Lake Comic Con attendee, go for a day and than you seen it all. Really, that it! Honestly, it's not worth paying for VIP or Gold cause there is no difference in what you get beside a t-shirt that wasn't even nice enough to wear. Oh you get a $30 Photo OP coupon that expires on the first day of the Con. Really SLCC? It seems like they enjoy taking your money but screw you over for what you pay for!?! Don't make sense. Also I witness a volunteer who was being nice and courteous to the guests as he directed the traffic but just one guest felt entitled just because she was a VIP member to be rude at him and also swear at him just because he was asking her that she needed to tap her badge out because thats the rules for everyone who enters into the Convention center. But she refused and made a big scene to the point that the volunteer told her a few times to please tap her badge and threaten him which both of them got a bit heated. He tried to leave it but she started swearing at him and he got fed up stood up for him self  and did swear back to her. He could of backed away, but in his case he did not like to be treated rudely or cursed at by anyone. So his unpaid volunteer manager talk down to him like he was a kid and tried to justify for the rude lady's action. And they kicked him out for standing for his right and did nothing to the rude lady who was causing a bigger uglier scene. If you're a manager or captain at these conventions and not getting paid to be in that position, don't try to be power hungry over the people who are there to help with the same cause that you're helping out with too. And you wonder why your volunteers don't return back to help out at these supposedly fun Cons? People like that ruins fun events like these every year and it sucks. Too many brown nose peeps do this in every field of work, school, religion and volunteer atmosphere. Thats why there are soon many unresolved issues and reoccurring issues that repeats itself because no one does anything about it or pretend like they care about it and still nothing has changed. I've volunteer before and I know how things goes behind the scene. And too be honest with you, it was fun but then power hungry people ruin it and thats why I don't care to volunteer or go to those events ever again. This is my last year and I won't spend my money there ever again. I had too many bad experiences with Salt Lake Comic Con and they don't give a shit about it.  That's why I wouldn't go or recommend it to anyone cause it NOT WORTH IT! I prefer San Diego Comic Con. Worth every penny! Better Vendors, Food, Entertainment, Panels and Celebrities!
I know my little opinion won't change anything but I just voiced it anyways! I had fun because I was with my family and we celebrated my husband birthday too. That is it. Nothing more nothing less. 
You make your own decisions in what you want to do when it comes to things in life like this. Thanks to my sister Jaunita and brother Henry for not killing anyone at SLCC for being douche bags. We may be straight forward speaking people but we aint idiots when it comes to our lives, value, views, opinions and freedoms. We were raised by a strong willed mother and a hard core military father, so we know how to deal with anything!  That's my little thoughts about it and I'm going to post my photos with my family cause thats the only entertaining thing to post! 


You May Also Like

0 Comments