Enjoying Labor day with my Dad

by - September 04, 2017

Dad and I stoped at my sister Juanita's place in Orem since I'm working at Google fiber in Provo this week but she wasn't home. So my dad finally saw how her place is and where her priorities lies. Let's just say that he wasn't too happy to see how my sister lives and act. But that's another story for another time. Since she wasn't home to be surprise by his visit we headed to Salt Lake City to visit my brother Henry. What a surprise he got when I told him that my Dad send a box to my sisters place and had a few goodies for him that I'll be bringing down. We've arrived at my brothers apartment and I greeted him at the door and talked with him for a few moments before I asked him to help me get his goodies from the car. As he came out of his place to help me, just around the corner was my Dad waiting to surprise him. Henry  came around the corner of his apartment hallway and was shocked to see my Dad that he started crying and hugged my Dad so tight for a few minutes. It was a touching and emotional moment for us as a family. We hung out at his place for a good 45 minutes talking and catching up with Henry and his life with my dad. We gave him his goodies from Hawaii especially Chocolate Chantilly Cream puffs from Liliha Bakery in Honolulu. They're so yummy I can eat a dozen of those in one sitting. heheh Soon we went to Walmart to get a few things for my dad and went to iHop to eat lunch. Lunch was good and we just talked about so much things and updates about things in Hawaii. I couldn't believe that my dad is here and that he's sitting next to me. Within the past few hours, I had to poke my dad's arm just to make sure I'm not dreaming. He would look at me and said "Snow White I'm really here, why do you always poke me whenever I come to visit you?" Even though I know he gets a kick out of me being like that but it's funny to just hear him say that to me. Hanging out together was a joy and mainly funny. We were a bit loud laughing and joking about so many things that is soon came to an end since it was getting late and I wanted my dad to rest up since he drove straight from Las Vegas which he flew in the night before. So jet lag was kicking in for me. We said our good byes to my brother until we see him again on the weekend before dad leaves. Next my Dad and I headed back to Orem to Nita's place to get my dad settle in and relax till dinner time. We cleaned up her place since the essence of her dog's dander and hair was everywhere, I didn't wanted my dad to sleep in a dirty place. He wasn't too happy about that but we were able to get it as clean as we can and rested for a bit until my sister showed up. She was happy to see him but her was slightly annoyed that she was here when she said she. We talked stories and snack on some goodies out in the balcony which had a nice view of the Provo mountain and the city of Orem. Soon we took a nice walk to the store to grab a few things for dinner, since my dad loves to cook. Every time he visits us he would always make dinner or some yummy breakfast. It was a fun walk to the store and back to nita's place. The inversion was really bad in Utah County that my Dad and I was feeling the effects it had on our breathing. I had a double whammy on the effects of my sisters dog's dander and hairs plus the inversion of the air quality in Orem. So I was a walking swollen hippo!?! lol Well my dad made a yummy meal for us. Home made soup to help us with our allergies and eat something hardy. It's so nice to have a good home cooked meal from my dad and to relax knowing that I didn't have to cook. I'm so happy to have my dad here. Honestly I don't care if I sound like a broken record but I really missed him that my heart is filled with joy. Anyways, its time to spend more time with him because its the most important part in my life. Time is precious and I cherish it more than anyone could imagine. Good night everyone!







You May Also Like

0 Comments