Sister Nadira Tupuola Email #5

by - September 11, 2017

Ayyye what up everyone! Its been yet another great week here in Nevada!

Every month we are given a recitation scripture that we are to memorize and recite every day. This months scripture is Alma 38:5 and this is Alma the younger speaking to his son, Shiblon. It says, "And now my son, Shilblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day." I really love this scipture! I know that we can take this counsel that Alma gives his son into our lives (replace the name Shiblon with your name to make it more personal) If you notice in the scripture is says, "ye shall be delivered OUT of your trials" not FROM them. He won't just make our trials go away for we will still go through them. But he can give us the STRENGTH to OVERCOME them! I just thought that was cool. I know that If we turn to the Lord, and ask him for his help,, He can get us through our struggles and deliver us out of whatever we are going through!

HANNAH AND TRAVIS:

Okayyy so this was an interesting experience that we had with a couple named Hannah and Travis. 
We had a lesson with them a couple days ago and we taught them about the Plan of Salvation. Everything was going good until the very end haha. Travis the husband (Baptist) was quiet the whole lesson while his Wife, Hannah participated. But at the end Travis asked us if we were done. We said yes and then He sat up and said, "Everything that you just taught us is wrong" LOL he goes on to say that there is nothing in the Bible that can back up anything that we said. He told us that he felt bad for us because we are being blinded. He said he read the Book of Mormon and that its not true. He said Joseph Smith is not a Prophet of God. He told us that because Jesus Christ suffered for our sins, We are all saved. He invited us to pray and to read only the bible because thats the only book we need. haha He kept saying that he felt bad for us.
At that point I was a little bit mad.,. I said a little prayer in my heart to know how to best handle the situation. I felt prompted to just share my testimony. I told him nicely that I disagree with what he said and I bore my testimony of the Book of Mormon and how it does goes hand in hand with the Bible. I told him that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I told him that I know for myself that what we taught him is true. Otherwise I wouldn't be here on a mission. I told him that he is right, Jesus Suffered for our sins and through him we are saved. But,,We are still accountable for our sins and we must still repent of them. My companion also bore her testimony and we told him that he has to find out the truth for himself. We asked him to pray and read the Book of Mormon again, with real intent to know if it is true. He said he didn't need to. We left their home feeling very sad. haha We decided that they weren't ready to be taught. We said a prayer for them that their hearts may be softened. I feel bad for them and hope one day they will have a change of heart. I am grateful for this experience! It made me really think again about why I am here. 
This experience helped strengthen my testimony! 

You May Also Like

0 Comments