Temple Nite and Burger King for Dinner

by - January 13, 2023

 



Today was a great day to work in the Temple and to be of service to everyone that came to the Jordan River Temple. I had a wonderful time at the Recommended desk, serving next to the baptistry. Seeing the youth and their parent and youth leaders join them in blessing the lives of their ancestors and others who have passed on. Watching them anxiously enter the baptistry got me a bit excited for them. I admire their willingness to come in on a Friday, to humbly be a proxy for the dead. From the outside point of view it may seem weird but to us as members of the church, we delight in helping those who passed this mortal life into the next world, to receive spiritual blessings and to have a chance to progress with joy in the life to come. I think that would be the greatest gift that anyone could give to another. Having a smile on my face and watching patrons come into the Temple having a frown turn upside down, brings me great joy. I am truly grateful to have this opportunity every week, to be a shining light to all I come in contact with.

After our shift was over, Mika and I stopped at Burger King for dinner. The wait was pretty long but we enjoyed our meal. Well have a splendid weekend everyone!

You May Also Like

0 Comments