I'm gonna miss these girls!

by - January 08, 2023



Today was a sad day for me. A family who my husband and I grew to know and love are moving. I heard the news of them moving out of our ward, was from this past Tuesday, after our youth activity. Lola, who is the eldest daughter and who I grew a respect and love for, came to me after the youth activity and told me that they are moving out of the ward and she began to cry. My heart broke for her. She is a sweet and smart young lady. I expressed to her that it's ok and that she is always welcome in our ward, the classes and youth activities. She hugged me so tight as she was crying. Then I told her that even though it's hard to start over in a new place and making new friends, this will be a great opportunity to a start fresh and to grow a new love for those she will meet. I told her how much I love her and that I will always be there for her even if she's in another city. What a touching moment for me. I am thankful that the Lord placed me here at this time to be a comfort to those who are in need of comfort. 

Fast forward to today, Lola's parents bore their testimony and shared that they are moving and that today's was their last Sunday in our ward. So after sacrament meeting, I went to Lola's parents and told them that I've enjoyed their testimony and we will miss them. After young women class, I gave Ana, the second eldest daughter, a big hug and expressed my love to her and told her that I will miss her dearly. She was sad and expressed to me that I was the real reason why they look forward to coming to church and to the youth activities. My heart was touched by her words. It's not often that I get compliments from the youth about me being the reason of good things. I am deeply touched by this sweet gesture from these young girls. I guess I do have a good impact on people. 

I know they will never see this blog post but I want to share my thoughts to both Lola and Ana. 

Dearest Lola,

My dear sweet friend. I am thankful to have known you for the past year you've been in our ward. The Lord loves you and wants to bless you with wonderful blessings to help you in your life. I know that 2022 was not a great year and it took a lot out of you. But I am truly grateful that the Lord guided me to be there for you when you needed a shoulder to cry on. Please be safe in all that you do from here on out. Stay close to the Lord, that he may guide you in your life. Be strong even when times get tough. You have the inner strength of many mighty warriors. So utilize that strength to protect yourself from the adversary and others who may try to hurt you both spiritually and physically. May our Heavenly Father continues to bless you with knowledge, spirituality, wisdom, happiness and financial stability. Take care and I hope to meet up with you someday in the future.

Dearest Ana,

My happy little friend. Thank you for being the sweetest and adorable girl to me during our young women class. Even though you are shy, you shine bright and I hope that you never let that die. You have so much to give and the Lord needs you to continue to be the amazing person that you are. Don't give up on yourself or your immediate family members. They need you as much as you need them. So don't lose that love and bond you have with one another. Stay true and diligent to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Study the word of God, that you may find peace, comfort and understanding of life and of the Savior. Be firm in light and truth whenever you face trials that may test your faith. Pray always to have the guidance of the Holy Spirit in your life. May the Lord forever bless, comfort, guide, and protect you daily. Hope that we will meet again soon.

With lots of love and care,

Sister Jaylynn Wolfgramm

You May Also Like

0 Comments