Sister Alema Atuaia email: Woodlands sisters

by - July 01, 2024

Buli Bwa errybody,


So, a lot has happened ahaha. My trainer is Sister Katoa. I guess in missionary lingo, she is "my mom," but I call that girl my teen mom 🤣 because sis is literally still in her teens and I'm her old ah daughter LOL. She cracks me up with her randomness, her openness, and face expressions.


We are the Woodlands Sisters here in Libala. I guess we live in a boujee part of Zambia, because all the Sisters in the mission said the flat we live in is the boujee flat. AYEEE 😆😂 But don't get it twisted because we got what they call low shedding here and that's when they shut the electricity off. Our flat was out of electricity for 2 days so far and I was fighting for my life with the cold showers. 🥶 FIGHTING TO BREATHE AHAHA. Lol, but we managed because I ain't going to sleep not clean and I'm SO grateful the water was still on. I am ESPECIALLY grateful that the electricity was back on when we came back from Church on Sunday. 🙏🏽😭


We cover five areas in this Libala zone I am in. I ain't gonna lie, all the zone and area stuff still confuses me LOL. I know I'll learn more as time goes on. This past week we've mostly been in two of our areas: Bauleni & Chilenje. I ain't ever been called "azungu" so many times in my life. Imagine 😂. It took me to come to Zambia to be called a white person AHAHA. I've been called white, Chinese, and even Indian. Like the little kids be saying "Ni Hao" or "Ching Chong" to me and my companion. BRUH lol 💀 Riding the public buses here is something else man. They're not even a bus, they're like vans and they pack as much people as they can in there. And the conductors are a hit or miss. Either they're nice or they be charging us extra because they think we azungu and got plenth shmoney, but we don't.🤦🏽‍♀️😂 Anyways, my companion is from the Bay area of Cali and is pretty much the opposite of me. She can talk a lot, talks fast, and is loud LOL. I know the Lord put me with her to get more out of my shell ahaha and yeah, sis has been doing that. She keeps mission fun and I'm blessed to learn from her. Love that girl.❤️


Anyways the other sister companionship we live with, is Sister Wunganai (from Zimbabwe) & Sister Pepa (from Tonga). They crack me up too and I love them. I'm always stuck with younger missionaries and I know it's for a reason. Because like I said before, I used to think the younger ones could just go kick rocks and were irritz.🤣 Now I'm always stuck with the youngins. They're powerful in their own way and have helped me grow in a lot of ways in the short time I've been here. Grateful for the Lord for putting them in my life and the lessons I've been learning from living with them and being with them on the daily.


Y'all, the people here are some of the nicest and most POWERFUL people here. Every time we teach someone or go finding (which is basically going up to people in our areas and sharing with them what we do and if they're interested in us teaching them) it's an unmatched experience. Mission is life changing. And some of the people we teach, you can tell their desire to learn and know the truth is there. I FRFR be holding back tears when teaching them because the spirit is SO strong. I had a teacher at the MTC who told us that his mission president would always tell the missionaries "to imagine everyone you talk to, or teaching, as if they were dressed in white getting ready to be baptized and after that, to go into the temple." 😇 I took that to heart and every time I see someone that's what I imagine. And y'all, I be getting teary eyed so many times. We taught an older man named Jeff and he had so many questions. When we were answering them (more like the Spirit answering them) I looked in his eyes and bruh I almost lost it. The spirit was strong and I almost bawled, but bless up because I didn't lol. Mission is again, life-changing. Not only to those we teach, but for the missionaries teaching. My life has changed in the BEST way possible. Literally converting myself while trying to convert others. 🙏🏽 


I love you all. Always be mindful of our Savior in all that you do, think, and say. ALWAYS REMEMBER HIM & I promise your life will be blessed for the better. You'll become the best version of yourself. Yeah fa.  

Point.Blank.Periodt.

My first day in Bauleni with Sister Katoa. It was also her first time in the area too. 😂 I will NEVER forget this day. Needless to say, anytime I see a wheelbarrow, it gives me PTSD ahaha and it's a memory that I will forever keep to myself because I die laughing everytime I think about it.


Me and my companion had exchanges with the STLs of our zone (Sister Gwebu from South Africa & Sister Alofipo from Samoa). They were great! We went out to Bauleni this day to find people to teach and to teach lessons to those we've been in contact with. Gerald is one of our newly converted members (been a member for one month) who went around with us to help teach. He is POWERFUL! 🙌🏼 His testimony is amazing. But not me and my companion calling him "Jared" the whole day when we first met him and then came home to see his name is "Gerald" 🤣 He's so nice because he never corrected us ahaha.

 

This is what the daily transportation situation looks like on the public "bus" 😂

Me and my teen mom.🤣 Sister Katoa, me, and some of the YSA in our ward went to go visit another YSA who was in the hospital. She was super sweet and powerful.

Me & Sister Wunganai after church. I got to meet all the members and had to bear my testimony since I'm one of the new missionaries in the area. And LEMME TELL YOU, I introduced myself in Samoan and finished by bearing my testimony in Tongan.

OKAYYY, my ancestors would be so proud ahaha. Members kept coming up to me after and said they liked my testimony and to teach them the language. I was like "thank you" but like FRFR that's all I can speak of the language ahahaha. So, I'll let Sister Pepa teach em. 😂


 

You May Also Like

0 Comments